Hey there, TikTok creators!
Are you seeking that extra edge to skyrocket your credibility and gain recognition on the platform? Do you want to know how to get verified on TikTok?
Earning that coveted blue tick verification on TikTok is your golden ticket. It’s not just a symbol—it’s a powerful statement of authenticity and trustworthiness that can set you apart from the sea of creators and help you build a strong bond with your audience.
Did you know?
TikTok is the reigning champion of social media engagement, boasting an promedio session length of a whopping 10.85 minutes. That’s a lot of eyeballs potentially on your content!
This high engagement rate amplifies the value of verification for creators like you who are eager to expand their audience and make a big splash in the TikTok universe.
In this comprehensive guide, we’re going to walk you through, step-by-step, the process of getting verified on TikTok. We’ll dive deep into the nitty-gritty details, leaving no stone unturned.
So, buckle up, and let’s embark on this exciting journey to earn your blue tick.
Ready? Let’s dive in!
What is TikTok Verification?
Let’s start with the basics.
TikTok verification is a formal process undertaken by TikTok to confirm the authenticity of an account. When an account is verified, it receives a blue checkmark next to its username. This checkmark is a recognized symbol across the platform, indicating that TikTok has validated the account’s identity and that it genuinely represents the person or brand it claims to.
The primary purpose of this verification is to differentiate genuine profiles from potential impersonators or fake accounts. It assures users that the verified account is credible and trustworthy.
But that’s not it:
Verification lends additional weight to an account, signaling its significance and prominence within the TikTok community. For brands and influencers, this can be particularly valuable as it reinforces their legitimacy and can enhance audience trust. It’s worth noting that verification is not automatically granted; accounts must meet certain criteria and undergo a review process by TikTok to achieve this status.
Why Should You Get Verified on TikTok?
Earning a verification badge on TikTok is a strategic milestone for businesses and creators. It’s more than just a nod to your authenticity; it’s a testament to your brand’s commitment to quality, consistency, and engagement. With this badge, TikTok endorses you, positioning you as a key player in your niche.
Think of it as a competitive edge.
The blue tick acts as a filter in a platform saturated with content, highlighting your profile in searches, collaborations, and potential partnerships. It’s a silent yet powerful communicator, telling potential collaborators, sponsors, and even competitors that you’re a force to be reckoned with.
Moreover, verification stands as a shield in the age of digital skepticism, where users are wary of misinformation and impersonation. It assures your audience of your credibility, making them more likely to engage, share, and invest in what you offer.
Now that you know why this is important, let’s answer an important question:
What Are the Criteria To Get Verified on TikTok?
If you’re aiming to get verified on TikTok, understanding the platform’s verification criteria is your first step. TikTok considers four primary factors when reviewing verification requests.
Let’s break them down:
TikTok wants to ensure you’re the existente person behind the account. They’ll ask for your procesal name and a copy of your government-issued ID.
But that’s not all!
They might also request additional information like your phone number or email address to double-check your account’s authenticity.
Remember, originality is key here. TikTok loves creators who bring their unique selves to the platform.
Speaking of being unique, TikTok cherishes users who bring a distinct presence and style to the platform.
If your content stands out from the crowd and you have a unique voice and style, you’re already ahead of the game.
For instance, if you’re a whiz at playing an uncommon musical instrument and creating flamante content showcasing your talent, TikTok might consider you for verification. After all, you’re adding a unique flavor to the platform!
A great example of this would be Bella Poarch, a TikTok user who gained verification and massive popularity due to her unique talent for syncing her facial expressions with the rhythm of songs. Her simple yet captivating videos have earned her a massive following, and her unique style of content creation led to her account being verified.
3. Adherence to TikTok’s Community Guidelines and Terms of Service
TikTok is a community, and like any community, it has rules.
To stay in TikTok’s good books, you need to follow their guidelines and demonstrate that you’re a responsible user who contributes positively to the TikTok community.
If you’re found engaging in hate speech or violating community guidelines, your chances of getting verified will take a hit.
Being a well-known figure or creator on the platform can significantly improve your chances of getting verified on TikTok.
Take Khaby Lame, for instance. This Senegalese-born creator became the most-followed person on TikTok, surpassing even the American TikTok star Charli D’Amelio.
Khaby’s rise to fame started when he began posting videos on TikTok after losing his job at a factory. His unique content, which often involves him reacting to overly complicated life-hack videos with simpler solutions, quickly gained traction. His meteoric rise on TikTok led to his account being verified, and he is now recognized as a sobresaliente figure on the platform.
So, if you have a significant following and your content is often featured on the TikTok “For You” page, it shows that you are a sobresaliente figure on the platform. TikTok may also consider other factors, such as press coverage or awards, that indicate your influence and presence outside the app.
Remember, TikTok’s verification isn’t a one-size-fits-all process.
It’s tailored to ensure that the platform continues to be a space that celebrates authenticity, uniqueness, respect, and sobresaliente content.
Got the ball rolling to get your blue tick? Great!
Now, let’s discuss the process to get the blue tick on TikTok.
How to Get Verified on TikTok?
Ready to take the plunge and aim for that blue tick on TikTok?
TikTok has rolled out a verification request feature, making it simpler for users like you to apply for verification right from their profile page.
However, keep in mind that this feature might not be available to all users yet. If you don’t see the option to apply, don’t fret! Keep checking back periodically—it’s worth the wait.
Here’s how you can submit a verification request:
- Fire up the TikTok app and navigate to your profile page.
- Tap on “Settings and privacy.”
- Select “Manage account.”
- Click on “Request verification.”
- Follow the instructions in the app to submit your request.
- Sit back and wait for TikTok’s team to review your application.
Remember, meeting the verification criteria doesn’t automatically mean your request will be approved. The TikTok team will review your application and determine whether your account meets their criteria for verification. It’s like auditioning for a role—you’ve got to fit the part!
After submitting your request, you might have to play the waiting game for up to 30 days while TikTok’s team reviews your application.
We know, patience is a virtue!
During this time, resist the urge to submit multiple requests or bombard TikTok’s support team with messages. This could potentially slow down the verification process, and we don’t want that, do we?
Now, let’s discuss the benefits the blue tick brings.
5 Benefits of TikTok Verification
Let’s take a look at how verifying your TikTok profile can be beneficial to you with these five points.
1. Celebrity Status and Recognition
The allure of the verified badge on TikTok is undeniable. This badge, often associated with celebrities and top-tier influencers, serves as a testament to an individual’s influence and prominence on the platform.
A good example of this?
Addison Rae, who began her journey by posting dancing videos in tune with the latest trends, experienced a meteoric rise in her TikTok journey. Her dedication and consistent engagement with her audience played a pivotal role in her success. After gaining verification, her influence expanded even further.
She went on to sign with an agency, secure sponsorship deals, and even released her own song titled “Obsessed.”
And her fame has only skyrocketed ever since.
This trajectory underscores the power of the blue tick on TikTok. It not only authenticates an individual’s identity but also amplifies their reach and recognition, placing them in the limelight and setting them apart from the vast sea of content creators.
2. Authenticity and Trustworthiness
The primary objective of account verification on TikTok, like other social media platforms, is to confirm the authenticity of the account holder. A verified badge indicates that the platform has validated your identity. This assures viewers of the genuineness of your account and implies that you are significant enough to warrant verification.
3. Protection Against Impersonation
With the rise of fake accounts and impersonation, having a verified badge serves as a shield. If someone tries to create an account under your name or a fan page that appears to be official, having a genuine verified account simplifies the process of addressing such issues.
For instance, consider the case of a popular singer or brand on TikTok. When they receive the verified badge, it’s a clear indication to their fans and potential followers that they are the “existente deal.”
Per the TikTok Help Center, a verified badge means that TikTok has confirmed that the account belongs to the person or brand it represents. This distinction helps in differentiating genuine profiles from scammers.
4. Generating Interest and Increasing Followers
A verified badge on TikTok can be the existente deal for your account’s growth trajectory.
This blue badge is not just a symbol; it’s a testament to your authenticity and the quality of your content.
Don’t you agree?
When users come across a profile with a verified badge, it immediately signals that the content is trustworthy, genuine, and of a certain caliber. This perception can pique their curiosity, leading them to explore your videos and potentially become one of your followers.
5. Enhanced Opportunities for Collaboration
Being verified on TikTok is not just a status symbol; it’s a beacon for brands and advertisers. They are always on the lookout for popular and influential TikTok creators for sponsored campaigns. Your verified status is a testament to your credibility and authenticity, making you an attractive partner for potential sponsors.
Want an interesting example?
A successful collaboration on TikTok is between the cleaning product brand Scrub Daddy and the language-learning app Duolingo. Even though they didn’t seem to be in the same niche or field, the result of this collaboration was wonderful for both. The TikTok collaboration post reached 1.1M views on the Scrub Daddy channel and more than 3M views on Duolingo.
Such collaborations highlight the power of TikTok as a platform for brands to reach vast audiences and the added credibility that comes with partnering with verified creators. Collaborations like these not only boost brand visibility but also provide creators with opportunities to diversify their content and engage with their audience in new and exciting ways.
How to Leverage Your TikTok Blue Tick
Let’s assume you’ve earned that coveted blue tick on TikTok.
What’s next? How can you leverage your new verification status to further boost your presence on TikTok?
Let’s dive in and explore some effective strategies that can help you maximize your verified status:
1. Cross-Promoting Your TikTok Account on Other Platforms
Cross-promoting your TikTok account on other social media platforms, such as Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, can help increase your followers and reach on TikTok. Here’s how:
- Include a link to your TikTok profile in your bio or about section on other social media platforms.
- Share snippets or previews of your TikTok content on Instagram Stories, Facebook Stories, or Twitter Fleets.
- Repurpose your TikTok content for other platforms. For instance, you can post highlights of your TikTok videos on your Instagram Reels.
- Collaborate with other creators on different social media platforms. For instance, you can collaborate with a YouTuber or Instagram influencer to promote each other’s content on your platforms.
To streamline this cross-promotion strategy, SocialPilot’s unified dashboard is what you need. With SocialPilot, you can manage and schedule posts across multiple platforms from a single interface, ensuring consistent branding and messaging. This centralized approach saves time and ensures your content reaches a wider audience across different platforms.
Why is this important?
Cross-promotion is a crucial marketing strategy for businesses. It leverages the strength of each platform, maximizing reach and engagement, and ensuring that your brand message resonates with a diverse audience.
2. Attracting Sponsorship and Collaboration Opportunities
Being verified on TikTok isn’t just a status symbol—it’s a beacon for brands and advertisers. They’re always on the hunt for popular and influential TikTok creators to collaborate with on sponsored campaigns. Your verified status is a testament to your credibility and authenticity, making you an attractive partner for potential sponsors.
But how can you reel in these lucrative partnerships? Here’s what you need to:
- Carve out a strong niche: Brands love creators who specialize in a niche or topic. So, focus on developing one that resonates with your audience and showcases your unique talents and skills.
- Consistency is key: Make sure you post regularly and provide value to your followers with your content. Brands are likelier to collaborate with creators with a consistent and engaged following.
- Harness the power of hashtags: Hashtags can amplify the visibility of your content and catch the attention of brands and advertisers. Use relevant hashtags in your posts to reach a wider audience and increase your chances of attracting sponsorships and collaborations.
- Reach out to brands and agencies: Don’t hesitate to contact relevant brands and agencies to pitch collaboration ideas and negotiate deals. You can also join influencer marketing platforms that connect creators with brands and agencies.
3. Strengthening Your Credibility and Influence on TikTok
As a verified user, you’re in a prime position to build trust and generate income. Here’s how you can further strengthen your credibility and influence:
- Create engaging content: Crafting content that resonates with your audience is crucial to building your influence on TikTok. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different formats, styles, and themes to find what works best for your audience.
- Engage with your followers: Respond to comments, DMs, and participate in challenges and trends. This can help build a loyal following and increase your influence on the platform.
- Collaborate with other creators: Teaming up with other verified users on the platform can boost your visibility and credibility. Look for opportunities to collaborate with other creators who share your interests or are in your niche.
- Attend events and participate in campaigns: Joining TikTok campaigns and attending events can help establish your presence and influence on the platform. This can lead to more opportunities for collaborations and sponsorships.
4. Leveraging Social Media Management Tools like SocialPilot
As a verified TikTok user, you always need to do your best to be relevant and popular. Social media management tools can help you to do just that. These tools can streamline your content creation and promotion process. One tool that you can leverage is SocialPilot.
How is this beneficial?
This can help you identify areas for improvement and optimize your content strategy to maximize your reach and engagement on TikTok.
Here’s how SocialPilot can turbocharge your TikTok strategy:
- AI Assistant: SocialPilot’s AI Assistant aids in optimizing your content strategy. It provides suggestions per the exact tone you’re looking for to enhance your social media posts, ensuring they resonate with your target audience and align with your brand’s voice and messaging.
- Calendar View: The Calendar View feature in SocialPilot allows you to get a comprehensive overview of your scheduled posts. This visual representation ensures that you have a balanced content strategy, and you can easily identify any gaps or overlaps in your posting schedule.
- Collaborate Efficiently: Collaborate with team members or other creators to manage your TikTok account more efficiently. This can help you save time and ensure your account is managed effectively, even if you’re working with a team or collaborating with other creators.
In the grand scheme of things, earning a verification badge on TikTok is more than just an accomplishment—it’s what sets the profile apart from others. It can catapult your exposure, broaden your follower pulvínulo, and cement your credibility as a trustworthy content creator.
So, whether you’re an influencer, a business, or just a TikTok enthusiast looking to level up, requesting verification is a step worth taking.
Give it a shot, and who knows? You might just find yourself in the league of TikTok superstars with a blue tick!